Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Futures Bakery & Cafe




Are you a hungry student? Futures has all day breakfast for $5.99 when you show your student ID. Futures used to be my to go place for breakfast while I was in school (where was this discount when I was in school?). Very close to UofT, affordable and tastes great! Also the wide selection of pastries and cakes kept bringing me back here.




My sister had the three eggs with bacon while I had the smoked salmon eggs benedict. Thanks to Karen, we paid student price for both meals. I was contemplating whether I should get the omelette or the salmon benedict and I wish I had gotten the omelette. The smoked salmon didn't really work for me; it was really salty and I didn't like it with the hollandaise sauce. The traditional egg breakfast was executed well, simple, plain, nothing to complain about. We liked the homefries that came with the dishes. Again, it was bit salty for my liking but Karen enjoyed it very much.

Pleasant vibe, busy cafeteria scene, a great place to hang out, morning or late at night. It is always packed and I can see why. The food is not over the top but definitely has some heart into it. Need some comfort food? This is the place.






Futures Bakery & Cafe

483 Bloor Street West
Toronto, ON   M5S 1Y2
416.922.5875


posted by rin

No comments:

Post a Comment