Sunday, November 20, 2011

Housewarming/Birthday Party!



My new love nest was ready to be introduced to my friends (Rin, Ros and other guests) and it was a great chance to throw a birthday party at the same time. With my mom's help, I prepared a full table of meals of Korean fusion food. Presented in buffet style, it made it easier for everyone to enjoy the food they like.


* Appetizer: 
 - Salmon Salad: I  love salmon!!!! This fresh salad is a perfect appetizer for salmon lovers. To get rid of some fishy smell, I marinated it with some lemons, onions and capers. I used creamy poppyseed for the dressing.


 * Main dish: 

 - KalBi (Korean marinated short libs): KalBi is one of popular Korean food, it can be found at most Asian markets. BBQ them each side for 3-5 mins till it's brown. I prepared chicken wings just in case if Kalbi was not enough. :)



* Side dishes:
- Kimchi: Korean traditional dish. It's spicy pickled cabbage. At some point it was proved to be a well-being food that prevents SARS (haha that powerful!). Kimchi can be found at most of Asian markets as well, however the best is the ones made at home.

And as some of you might know, Korean dish always comes with RICE! 




* Dessert: we celebrated my birthday with the strawberry cream cake that Ros bought from Dufflet. SO GOOD! The reason that we all love this cake is that it's not that SWEET as it looks. It's very soft and creamy and we all love it! (it was soooo good, forgot to take pic of it :P )



Thanks all for coming and it was a great housewarming/birthday party! Already looking forward to the next one!


Posted by mimi

No comments:

Post a Comment